Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day

The First Day went really well.  I got plenty of sleep and was not feeling anxious at all!  I definitely felt your prayers :)  I've got a good group this year- very sweet.  They hug a lot and kept telling me I was cute, so of course I love them.  It is my first year being trained for hearing aid devices, diabetes, and behavior for emotionally disturbed, but I'm ready.  Teachers = every job in one.  We are a little bit of everything- educator, nurse, therapist, social worker, motivational speaker, entertainer, child-whisperer, miracle worker, I could keep going.  ;)

I took a few pictures right before we left, but it was impossible to get Jack's attention (and make eye contact).  He was very happy though and jumped out of bed when I said 'school.'  He cried, "I want school" all summer so it was nice to be able to say yes!  I love that he loves his school.  They are all so sweet and loving.  He has come SO far in the last year and a half there.  He is talking so much more, more social and responsive, better at following directions and demands, better at sharing and taking turns, and accepts no a little better ;)  It makes my heart happy and my mind at peace when I hear a teacher at his school say, "There's my sunshine!" He knows many teachers there and they are ALL so kind.  I adored his teachers last year but know this year will be just as great!  I am so thankful for teachers who love on my boy all day, everyday.

Ellie started first grade at a new school!  She was a teeny bit nervous, but didn't show it.  She was strong and brave and her mommy said she did great!  She made a new friend and liked 'everything.'  So proud of her for being so brave and a big girl.  I missed her yesterday at school with me.  It was strange not having someone play teacher while I was cleaning up after school.  I know this new school is perfect for her though and she will do great things :)


2014 First Grade- Ellie, PPCD- Jack







No comments:

Post a Comment